“By October 2023, teacher apprenticeship programs had been formally registered in 26 states plus Puerto Rico and were under development in five states plus the District of Columbia.”… Five take-aways in this article from Amaya Garcia at New America.
- Apprenticeship Gives School Districts a Bigger Role in Teacher Preparation
- Apprenticeship Puts Paid Clinical Preparation Front & Center
- Apprenticeship Programs Must Register for Approval
- Apprenticeship Can Boost Access and Create Incentives to Pursue Teacher Training
- Apprenticeship Expands Funding Opportunities (But It’s Not Easy Money)
Read the full article here. Many useful resources are included.